« Back to Glossary Index
- Combat Cannabis Industry Turnover Rate
- Greenhouse Climate & Growing Cannabis Outdoors
- Why Cannabis Buds Form White Tips
- West Virginia Emerges Medical Cannabis IndustryNewly Minted West Virginia Medical Cannabis Industry. Senate Bill 386, signed into law on April 19, 2017, by Governor Jim Justice, created the Medical Cannabis Act that allows for cannabis to be used for certified medical use by a West Virginia resident with a medical condition. The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Medical Cannabis is committed to a goal for patients with a qualifying medical condition being able to procure quality-tested medical cannabis in the state of West Virginia. Smokable medical cannabis flowers, edibles, and home cultivation are illegal in West Virginia. The program allows for pills, oils, gels, creams, ointments, tinctures, liquid, and non-whole plant forms for administration through vaporization. Patients and caregivers can only access medical cannabis products through a licensed dispensary and with a medical physician’s certification.
- Cannabis Industry & Top OSHA Infractions