For everyone to stay safe in the workplace, an understanding of bloodborne pathogens is crucial. Our training offers you an understanding of bloodborne pathogens, common modes of their transmission, methods of prevention, as well as proper disposal of related materials. It prescribes safeguards to protect workers against the health hazards from exposure to blood and Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM’s) and to reduce their risk from this exposure.
Workers in certain industries and occupations, especially in healthcare, have a higher potential to be exposed to bloodborne pathogens or OPIM’s. In order to avoid exposure, it is important to understand the dangers of these pathogens and take precautions to avoid exposure. Example health hazards include but are not limited to Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, Malaria, Brucellosis, Syphilis, West Nile Virus, etc.
Our training will teach you methods to prevent and reduce exposure to bloodborne pathogens as well as the signs, labels, and color-coding of them. You will also learn about Personal Protective Equipment (or PPE) and the appropriate actions to take in case of an emergency involving blood or other potentially infectious materials. Be sure you protect yourself and your workplace by taking our Bloodborne Pathogens training.
- Video: Interactive Training
- Resource: eBook Guide
- Assessment: Quiz Activity
- Display: Digital Certificate
- You will discover the different types of bloodborne pathogens
- You will explore the causes and modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens
- You will learn the elements of an effective written exposure control plan
- You will master the exposure controls for bloodborne pathogens