Walking and Working Surfaces
To enjoy a safe working environment, it is important to understand how to prevent slips, trips, and falls. Our Walking and Working Surfaces training will help prepare you to maintain as safe a working environment as possible. It is critical to ensure that nobody suffers a slip, trip, or fall, and prevention is key.
Slips, trips, and falls constitute the majority of general industry accidents, second only to motor vehicle accidents. Realistically, every surface for walking and working can be potentially hazardous to workers. Some hazardous surfaces include loose carpets, ramps, stairways, ladders, and scaffolds. Of course, we can’t forget slippery floors from liquid or other spills.
Slips, trips, and falls caused by these things can lead to cuts, bruises, sprains, strains, broken bones, and various injuries to internal organs. Fatalities can also result. Our Walking and Working Surfaces training will cover the hazards of walking and working surfaces and give you information about what workplace action must happen to eliminate and control these hazards.
- You will discover key elements of proper walking and working surfaces
- You will explore the safe design and construction of fixed stairs
- You will learn general scaffolding requirements
- You will master key terminology and concepts
- Video: Interactive Training
- Resource: eBook Guide
- Assessment: Quiz Activity
- Display: Digital Certificate