Duration: 1 Hour
Enrollment: 1 Year
Format: 100% Online
Audience: General Industry
To ensure a safe and effective work environment, it is critical that hazardous materials be managed properly. In the cannabis industry, there are occasionally hazardous materials in the work area. Our Hazardous Materials training will prepare you to stay safe and keep your business safe as well.
A hazardous material is considered a substance or a compound that has the capability to produce adverse effects on the health and safety of humans. Across the globe, there are thousands of workers each year who are injured or killed because of fatal chemicals or other toxic hazards. There are rules and regulations regarding hazardous materials from the United Nations (or UN) and other governmental bodies as well.
These rules and regulations are intended to maintain safe workplace operations and prevent hazards. The UN rules are called the Globally Harmonized System (or GHS) of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals. It is vital to know that we can save lives in the workplace and how to do it. Our Hazardous Materials training will give you a basic understanding of how to deal with hazardous materials and how to protect yourself and others by preventing injury, illness, or death.
- You will discover the purpose of the Hazard Communication Program
- You will explore acute and chronic health effects
- You will learn information about Safety Data Sheets
- You will master the importance of the Hazard Communication Standard
- Video: Interactive Training
- Resource: eBook Guide
- Assessment: Quiz Activity
- Display: Digital Certificate