Illinois Responsible Vendor Certification
Accredited: Green CulturED has been authorized by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) as a Responsible Vendor Training Organization to provide our state-approved Responsible Vendor certification.
The Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act created the Responsible Vendor training to ensure all industry personnel has the training, knowledge, and skills needed to manage a safe, prosperous legal industry within Illinois. This Responsible Vendor training was created by the IDFPR to provide state-approved training that’s required for Illinois’ industry workers on the proper handling and sale of products.
Our Responsible Vendor training is designed to teach Illinois’ state cannabis guidelines and satisfies the IDFPR’s requirements for all agents, managers, and owners in Illinois’ cannabis industry. Everyone that is involved in the handling or sale of cannabis and is employed by an adult-use or medical cannabis dispensing organization in Illinois must take our authorized Responsible Vendor training.
As a Responsible Vendor Training Organization, we’ll provide agents important knowledge on properly checking purchaser identification, state laws relating to dispensing cannabis, identifying signs of impairment, physiological effects of cannabis, safety and security measures, and health concerns due to consumption.
The training discusses the health and safety concerns of cannabis use, including the responsible use of cannabis, its physical effects, onset of physiological effects, recognizing signs of impairment, and appropriate responses in the event of overconsumption according to the regulations that’s required by the IDFPR.
Training includes the responsible use of cannabis, laws, and regulations on driving while under the influence, sale to minor prohibitions, safe storage of cannabis, waste handling, facility and surveillance requirements, packaging and labeling requirements, and other additional industry topics that are required by the law.
- Training: 2 Hour Total
- eBook: 64 Total Pages
- Assessment: 2 Activities
- Glossary: Legal Terms
- Resources: 4 PDF Files
- Online: 6 Gov’t Websites
- Grade: 70% Required
- Display: Badge & Certificate
- Validity: 1 Year
- Language: English
- Official: IDFPR Approved
Responsible Vendor Training
The Responsible Vendor training is designed to educate workers about Illinois’ cannabis laws and delivers the training requirements for every agent, manager, and owner in the state’s cannabis industry. The Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act created the Responsible Vendor program to ensure all industry personnel has the training, knowledge, and skills needed. To manage a safe, prosperous legal cannabis in Illinois, this Responsible Vendor program is an annual training requirement for everyone working in the industry as dictated by state law.
- Cannabis Consumption Health & Industry Safety Considerations
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Minor Prohibiting Minor Sales
- All Relevant Illinois Laws & Rules
- Acceptable Identification Forms
- Cannabis Storage & Safety
- Inventory Tracking Compliance & Cannabis Product Regulation
- Waste Handling & Management
- Worker Health Concerns & Workplace Safety Standards
- Business Recordkeeping & Operation Records Maintenance
- Facility Safety, Security & Surveillance Requirements
- Regulatory Licensing & Enforcement Inspections
- Customer & Patient Privacy Issues
- Cannabis Packaging Compliance & Product Labeling Requirements
We partnered with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) to offer the additional annual training that’s required for cannabis workers. Our accredited Responsible Vendor program meets the minimum of two (2) hours of training as part of the eight (8) total hours that must be completed annually. In addition, to our two (2) hours of Responsible Vendor training, cannabis dispensing organizations must ensure that all of their agents receive a minimum of eight (8) hours of training time as prescribed by state laws.
Additional Training Requirements
- Operating Point-of-Sale (POS) System & State Verification Platform
- Proper Inventory Handling & “Seed-to-Sale” Tracking Systems
- Specific Cannabis Delivery Methods or Cannabis-Infused Products
- Inspection Preparedness Information & Law Enforcement Interaction
- IDFPR’s Legal Requirements Awareness to Maintain Agent Status
Frequently Asked Questions
Find Questions Frequently Asked & Answers Provided for Informational Purposes ONLY By the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
Application process... applicants must complete attestation, submit a photo, proof of residence, government identification, and provide disposition forms for previous criminal offenses to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
Locate a job first... a person must be hired by a dispensing organization before they can apply for an agent identification card for an adult-use or medical cannabis dispensing organization with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
It's a process... according to the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act, applicants for an Adult-Use Cannabis Dispensing Agent Identification Card must have a fingerprint-based criminal history background check. The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) complies with regulations concerning a criminal background check. It requires fingerprint vendors to confirm the identity of the individual seeking to be fingerprinted.
This identity verification form must be completed for any individuals applying for consideration for licensure in Illinois. The out-of-state fingerprint vendor or Illinois live scan vendor chosen to take the out-of-state resident’s fingerprints must be completed as written confirmation that a valid government-issued driver’s license or state Identification (ID) was presented and that the ID provided belongs to the individual person being fingerprinted.
All owners, managers, employees, and agents... involved in the handling or sale of cannabis or any cannabis-infused products employed by an adult-use dispensing organization or medical dispensing organization as required by the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
Within ninety (90) days... the training must be completed before or after the first day of employment at a dispensary, whichever is later. Training received outside of the ninety (90) day window will not meet the training required by the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
Annually. The two (2) hour Responsible Vendor training must be completed annually as part of the eight (8) hours of training mandated by the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act each year.
A wide variety of topics... the Responsible Vendor training must include the following topics:
- Cannabis Health & Safety Concerns
- Driving Under the Influence Laws & Regulations
- Minor Sales Prohibitions
- All Relevant Illinois Laws & Rules
- Acceptable Identification Forms
- Safe Cannabis Storage
- Inventory Tracking Compliance & Regulations
- Waste Handling, Management & Disposal
- Dispensary Health & Safety Standards
- Recordkeeping & Records Maintenance
- Security & Surveillance Requirements
- Permitting Inspections by Licensing & Enforcement Authorities
- Customer & Patient Privacy Issues
- Packaging & Labeling Requirements
Yes. Provided it meets the training requirements of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
Yes. For example, our Responsible Vendor Certification is two (2) hours of training time, so the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) would require to provide six (6) hours of additional training per year. In any case, a dispensary agent, agent-in-charge, and principal officer must receive training on the following topics as required by law:
- How to Operate the Point-of-Sale (POS) System & State’s Verification System
- Proper Inventory Handling & Product Tracking
- Specific Uses of Cannabis or Cannabis-Infused Products
- Regulatory Inspection Preparedness Instruction & Law Enforcement Interaction
- Legal Requirements Awareness for Maintaining Agent Status
Yes. All Principal Officers must meet the eight (8) hour training requirement found in the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act. However, only the agents that are required to receive the Responsible Vendor compliance training are those involved in the handling of cannabis.
Yes, but... only if the secondary site is owned by the same entity as the medical cannabis dispensing organization at which the agent works. The IDFPR provides a dispensing organization agent shall only be required to hold one card for the same employer regardless of what type of dispensing organization (adult-use or medical) license the employer holds.
No. An agent-in-charge must be a full-time employee of the dispensary, but an agent-in-charge cannot be the agent-in-charge of more than one dispensary. However, the agent-in-charge of a Medical Cannabis Dispensing Organization may serve as the agent-in-charge for an Adult-Use Cannabis Dispensing Organization operating at the same dispensary site.
Yes. Agents with Medical Cannabis Dispensary Agent Identification Cards can serve purchasers at an Adult Use Dispensing Organization License located at the same site as the medical cannabis dispensary is allowed by the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act provisions.
No. The definition of "dispensing organization" in the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act only includes dispensing organizations with the same site or adult-use dispensing organization licenses. The definition does not include medical cannabis dispensing organizations that have not obtained the same site license from the IDFPR. Because medical cannabis dispensing organization without the same site license is not a "dispensing organization" does not authorize the licensing of individuals to work at medical cannabis dispensing organization.
Who Should Join?
Cannabis LoverAvoid any & all painful "learning curves" & costly ones by growing your own knowledge via EXPERTS to learn "all things" cannabis.
Industry ProGet un-stuck & let's start your cannabis career by "up-leveling" your SKILLS so you'll stand out from peers within this industry.
Team LeaderThere's nothing harder than managing team members that are all speaking a "different language" so we will get that fixed ASAP.
Biz FounderRunning a business is HARD enough without also worrying about training so let's "up-skill" your team to make you more $$$.
As Seen On
Engaging & Interactive Training
- Access to all micro-learning videos, each is filled with engaging videos & digital materials created by leading EXPERTS who do this every day in the cannabis industry.
Supplemental Learning Activities
- Downloadable resources & access activities anytime from any device or via our Mobile App to complete your training anywhere & even 100% offline (NO Internet is required).
Knowledge Assessment Quiz
- Assessments are at the very end of every micro-learning module so you'll need to ACHIEVE a grade of at least 70% to assess & validate your cannabis industry knowledge.
Digital Certificates & Badges
- Upon passing, instantly receive your digital certificate(s) and/or badge(s) that acknowledges your accomplishment & DISPLAY your knowledge on LinkedIn to build credibility.
Responsive Support Team
- You’ll see we’re quite different by how our team provides a thoughtful, HUMAN response to all your inquiries in two (2) hours or less (during Monday – Friday business hours).
- You'll join our EXCLUSIVE member community, where we'll help you build a network with professionals in the cannabis industry & alert you to opportunities that fit your skillset.
Our Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Completely Removes RISK From You & Places it Squarely on Us so if You're Not 100% Satisfied, We'll Promptly Refund Your Enrollment... No Questions Asked.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
At Green CulturED, we guarantee your satisfaction. We guarantee you’re going to love the total eLearning solutions that we're frequently adding new features and training from our Platform Roadmap as requested by our community (and YOU)!
But if at any time during the first 30-days you're unsatisfied with all of our really incredible eLearning solutions you've accessed, let our team know and we'll be HAPPY to process a 100% full refund with no questions asked, so go ahead with:
- "Test-Driving" Our Platform... try it and report back... if you're not happy with your eLearning experience, then we'll refund you 100% right away.
- 100% Safe & Secure Checkout... payment processed through secure merchant gateway networks... we’re very excited to have you join us!
Green CulturED serves as an "extension to your team" (or as your "personal cheerleader") and working with us is like inheriting a highly-skilled, extremely positive TOTAL eLearning solutions team to support you with our expertise.
Our cannabis industry-leading support team provides a very thoughtful, human response to all your inquiries in two (2) hours or LESS (Monday - Friday business hours). In an industry where a "good" response time is 1 - 2 days (at their best).
You'll see we're very different and how we exercise "extreme ownership" to help support YOU. Our team is determined to provide individualized, very responsive support that you should receive from anyone who is dedicated to your success!
Accessibility Compliant Platform
One of the biggest challenges that learners face today is "accessibility" in their eLearning solutions. Our platform is American Disability Act (ADA), Accessible Canada Act, etc. compliant, and why we started our "Industry Impact Program".
We are sensitive to disabilities so we provide closed-captioning (sub-titles) for hearing-impaired and screen readers for visually-impaired individuals who want to learn. We have worked extensively to MEET these "accessibility" standards.
Our platform is composed of a complex system with many aspects of development that are always evolving so "accessibility" is NOT a state so it's a continuous process of improvement in response to our learners and platform functionality.
Our Founder's Message
"How do you describe your training? Underwhelming? Non-existent? If you've said anything other than a "well-oiled machine," then you’re at the RIGHT place if you want to transform ordinary training into a perfected eLearning solution.
Is training actually making a MEASUREABLE difference to you? I often ask this question about my "learning experiences" when I got started in cannabis, I didn't like the answer. That's why we're here, so you will always be a cannabis expert.
In the spirit of "open-sourcing" our eLearning solutions you’ll find our ground-breaking training, industry strategies, and Ed-Tech to learn everything you need (or actually GROW your biz) and much more... without all of those headaches."